Friday 10 February 2012

Things to be thankful for




My lovely friend Sophie a blogger who I can only aspire to match. It's probably never going to happen because I am no way near as organized as she is.

Some people just have a prolific ability to be routinely and consistently organized in every possible way - Sophie even has detailed plans for how she will design and redecorate every room in her dream country home (where she's just moved). I don't know how she does it, and also does so many other things including writing a deliciously beautiful and interesting blog which she updates pretty much every day.

As for me, I am more of a last minute flurry lady. I just hope that my gut inspiration is going to be right and that everything will come together.

But, in an attempt to be more disciplined, I'm going to have a stab and regular blogging.

One of the things Sophie does (on her blog) every Saturday is to compile a list of all the things she is thankful for. I think this is so wonderful, and important to remind yourself of all the good things in life that you're grateful for.

So today I'm thankful for:
  • Newly acquired crocheting skills - it makes me so relaxed and happy
  • Carrot cake - I've been eating it pretty much every day last week
  • Craft Parties at my house with some lovely ladies - we had one last week and it was so good we're having another one this week
  • My Mum (who's not?) - she is nutty and hilarious and probably my number one fan. It's her birthday today, and I'd say that she's unquestionably the best mum out there. I'm so grateful that she's a hippy on the inside, who let me stay at home and have a happy art-full, maths-free childhood, and if cakes could survive the post to Jakarta I would send her one. Probably a carrot cake. 
What are you thankful for?

x

PS. Look at Sophie's pintrest. I heart everything.

These lovely floating balloons via Angela Hardison

No comments:

Post a Comment