Friday 10 February 2012

Extreme Papercutting by Lotte Reiniger

How about this amazing video??

It's so perfect I nearly died when I watched it!



It was made in 1935 by papercut artist extraordinaire Lotte Reiniger. All the puppets are cut out with tiny scissors, in segments hinged with tiny wire hinges so that the characters can be moved. And then the animation is created by 1000s of photographs taken over a back-lit glass tabletop. And all this done in a pre-computer technology era.

What astounding skill.

I hope I'm this good at papercutting by the time I'm a nanna.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh-mazing. You are gonna be one bonza nanna. xsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, My papercutting Art website is up and running. Please have a look and view the Art Gallery. I am sure you would like.
    http://www.tusifahmad.com/

    ReplyDelete